Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 29, 2009

TAAAGO's....

My friend Nadell is evidently an amazing cook (fantasticfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com). I have pathetically attempted to cook for Cali and I for the last couple of years and have tried different recipes and different concoctions, but we have always ended up throwing (or throwing up) the food away. However, there is one meal that we have perfected that has always been there for us through thick and thin. It is taco soup. The amazing thing about this taco soup is that it only costs a few measly dollars (about $6 if planned right) at wal-mart, is extremely low-calorie (I'm meaning fixed calories that diminish for every unit that is consumed), and makes a TON. Here is the recipe:

3 Chicken breasts cut up or 1lb ground beef
32 oz can diced tomatoes (don't drain)
10 oz Rotel tomatoes (don't drain)
4-6 oz can diced green chiles
1 pkt taco seasoning (we have found taco bell brand is the tastiest and cheapest)
1 pkt ranch dressing mix
15 oz can kidney beans (don't drain)
15 oz can pinto beans (don't drain)
15 oz can of corn (don't drain)
small can of tomato paste (don't drain...haha...just kidding)

cook the chicken or beef, drain. Add everything in this recipe to a crockpot. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.

Thats it! Pretty easy, delicious, and lasts for days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did it geoff! But it didn't last days. We finished the whole pot in one night!! Pigs!!

And Yummmmm....

Cali said...

My FAVORITE! You are a great cook honey, and such a great husband.

NaDell said...

I'm not amazing, but I do like to cook. I love trying new recipes and sharing them, so I decided to start a new blog. Thanks for the pass along.
I'll try to put something really amazing up there now. (Maybe it will even work into the dieting and not be way too much for two people.)

NaDell said...

Yeah, so I was just going through my recipes and I don't think I make diet food. All comfort. That just means eat something healthy for lunch and you're good, right?
Or, dance the whole time you cook to fun music.
Or, fill up with salad or something green before the meal.