Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I thought I got Mono once...turned out I was just bored...

Thought about babies today; thought about how they all look the same when they come out; thought about some of the similarities of newborn babies:

1) they are all gooey upon exit
2) they all smell like feet
3) they all cry
4) they all have scrunched up faces like sweet little ole ladies

I'm sure there are more, and I'm sure I'll recognize them as time goes, but how do parents tell their babies apart from the other ones? I've heard horror stories of how babies got mixed up in the hospital and taken home with the wrong families. Could you imagine the horror of finding out you grew up with the wrong people? My gosh! Imagine growing up with a crappy family that abuses you, only to find out that your real family are rich and loving. I would hate life, and I would try and make everyone around me as miserable as I could.

My parents (at least I think they are my real parents) told me that they couldn't find me for a couple of hours because I was lost amongst the sea of similar babies. They only found me because of the God given wart on my face. I used to hate that mole before it was removed, but I never thought that It could have been the means of saving me....

My boss and I talked today about having a baby...no we aren't planning on begetting and conceiving together! She mentioned to me that she has been feeling pressured to have a baby. Her and her husband have been married for two years; she feels like she wants to go out and experience the world before dando a luz, but her family members think its time to start popping out the babes. I got to thinking about all the pressures of having children that Cali and I face, and I realized that we don't have any! We have great family members that know we have better things to do than take care of babies, and they haven't given us a hard time about it at all. Even after 5 1/2 years (way beyond the norm), we still feel like they respect our decision to wait; for that we are thankful to them.

3 comments:

Rory said...

Dude, when they come it's the best thing ever. (even if you don't plan on it.)

Cali said...

"like"

Dan M. said...

When we had our first baby, I just went into the nursery at like 3:00 a.m. when the nurses were changing shifts and wheeled all of the bassinets into our room. Then we got some sleep. Then in the morning we were able to look at all the babies and decide which one we thought should come home with us! And she's been great! We chose wisely.